[OPLINTECH] USB cable dock

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Tue Oct 24 13:25:40 EDT 2006

Anyone wanting to provide access to the USB ports on their computers,
but have the ports in less than accessible locations, might be
interested in a weighted USB 2.0 five foot extension dock. It's great
for sitting on the desk next to the monitor when the computer is on the
floor or otherwise out of easy reach.

As a reseller, I get them directly from Cables Unlimited
(http://www.cablesunlimited.com), which I don't believe sells to
end-users, but a quick Google search on the part number (USB-5110B)
shows that you can buy them retail at a number of different places,
including TigerDirect, for between $5-$10.

Here's a link to a picture and the description from Cables Unlimited:
http://www.cablesunlimited.com/products/Prod_Individual3.aspx?groupcode=I3491

Chad

Chad Neeper
Senior Systems Engineer

Level 9 Networks

--   Full LAN/WAN consulting services   --
-- Specialized in libraries and schools --