[OPLINTECH] Inventory Software

Ed Liddle eliddle at marysvillelib.org
Mon Apr 23 09:41:03 EDT 2007

Here is an open source inventory program called PcInventory to keep
track of equipment, warranty information, and software licenses. You
have to manually enter in the information for it. Its browser based so
it actually runs on a web server with php and a database server. I have
it running on Centos linux with apache, mysql, and php.
http://www.andrioli.com/en/pci.html

I use this to keep track of equipment and also warranty information on
new equipment. It also will keep track of software licensing. This works
by adding in the number of licenses you have for a piece of software.
When you add in a PC you can also tell it what software is installed on
it. It then will subtract a license from the total number of licenses
you have for it. You can also view information on how many licenses you
own and how many computers have the software installed. If you need
licenses, it will show a negative number for the balance.

I hope this helps.

--
Ed Liddle <eliddle at marysvillelib.org>
Marysville Public Library