[OPLINTECH] Sharing III system

Don Yarman yarmando at delawarelibrary.org
Thu Aug 9 10:35:11 EDT 2007

I am exploring whether any public libraries might be interested
in sharing an Innovative Interfaces system, perhaps creating a
consortium model similar to OPAL, the Ohio Private Academic
Libraries.  We'd be sharing single bib and patron files, with direct
resource sharing among members (as in SEO) but with the
additional tie-in to SearchOhio and possibly OhioLINK.

I'm not even sure if III will go for this in a way that would make it
economically feasible, but I thought I'd at least see if there were
interested partners.  I see this as a way of putting SearchOhio
within the reach of smaller libraries.  Let me know if you'd like
to be part of a planning group.

Your most humble and obedient servant,

                   Don Yarman, Assistant Director
                   Delaware County District Library