[OPLINTECH] OPLIN questions about shared Internet connections

Stephen Hedges hedgesst at oplin.org
Fri Aug 24 11:49:08 EDT 2007

The OPLIN Board is reviewing the "Policy on Extending OPLIN to Other
Public Institutions" (http://www.oplin.org/page.php?Id=62-5-335-1263-956)
and needs to gather some information for their discussion. We currently
have no idea how many libraries (or their branches) are sharing Internet
connections with other institutions. If you are sharing any connection,
would you send me the answers to the following questions?

1. Is the other institution a school or library?

2. If the shared connection is to a branch, does the connection come back
to your main library or go directly out to the Internet (e.g. a DSL
connection)?

3. How many computers do you think the other institution has on the
connection? (a rough guess is OK)

4. How many hours per week is the other institution using the connection?

Of course, I will be happy to answer any questions you have.

Thanks!

Stephen

--
Stephen Hedges, Executive Director