[OPLINTECH] Ubuntu in libraries

Dan Will willda at oplin.org
Thu Dec 6 08:35:35 EST 2007

James,

   I see you have really thought about this, and I like your thoughts.
It would be wonderful if OPLIN could help. I told Steven yesterday that
I have just finished (if we are ever truly finished) installing Ubuntu
as "my" principal OS. It has taken more than a little research to get
everything setup and I've been "playing"  with it on and off for about a
year and a half. I can not see the average "small town" Library
switching without MAJOR help on the support side. Even though we have to
pay M$ license fees, we ARE familiar with the setup and administration
of Windows. After all, we have been building our knowledge of it for a
long time. I hope to be able to put a few Edubuntu/Ubuntu stations out
to the public in the coming months. I am interested to see how much use
they get.
   I would be glad to feed you any data we get here if  you think it
would help you.

--

Dan Will
Technology Supervisor
willda at oplin.org

The difference between fiction and reality?
Fiction has to make sense.
Tom Clancy