[OPLINTECH] making databases available to people who are unable to leave their homes

Barb Kuhns BKuhns at daytonmetrolibrary.org
Mon Feb 12 18:14:50 EST 2007

Hi,

We subscribe to just a few databases that are only available from within
the library.  Those are Ancestry LE, ValueLine, Alldata and 2 Foundation
Center databases.  We received a request for access to one or two of
these databases from a patron who is unable to leave his home due to
disability.   I believe we could set up a special authentication in RPA
to allow access based on a special borrower type.  But at least one
vendor is saying no way.  Have this been requested of you?  Have you
found ways to satisfy this request?

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

Barb

Barb Kuhns

Assistant Director for IT Services

Dayton Metro Library