[OPLINTECH] IM at the Information Desk

Mann, James H. JMann at gcpl.lib.oh.us
Fri Jan 19 10:24:14 EST 2007

GCPL is doing it.

I setup three IM accounts, loaded Trillian on the reference computers in
one branch, and we have a link on our web page.

http://www.greenelibrary.info/im.asp

Not hard to do, but no overwhelming response either.

IMHO if you want to really make it work you have to get the PR out where
the potential users are i.e. MySpace, on your blog, or something as
simple as a bookmark for your YA folk to take to middle and high
schools. Your goal is to get potential IM users to add you to their
buddy list.

HTH

Jim Mann

Technology Coordinator