[OPLINTECH] HELP: CD/DVD - commercial repair/cleaning devices?

Chip Kruthoffer c.kruthoffer at lanepl.org
Tue Jul 3 12:11:57 EDT 2007

I'm interested in hearing from anyone using a commercial level ($500 or
more) CD/DVD cleaning device such as:

http://www.rtico.com/ecojr/

or

http://www.cdrepairman.com/

Our experience with the cheapie (under $150) hand-held units has left alot
to be desired. With the quantity of DVD circ we do, we need a better
solution.

Also, does anyone know if the presence of RFID tags on the top (non-read)
layer affects the ability to clean CDs/DVDs?

Thank you,

Chip Kruthoffer, Head of Systems
Lane Public Library ~ http://www.lanepl.org
1396 University Blvd. (Admin. Center)
Hamilton, Ohio 45011
Phone: (513) 785-2706 ~ Fax: (513) 894-6558