[OPLINTECH] Lending/Circulating Laptops for Public Access

Ed Liddle eliddle at marysvillelib.org
Thu Jun 14 14:10:08 EDT 2007

If laptops were to be circulated to patrons to use outside of the
library I would invest in nice durable cases, find a vendor that would
sell the best warranty, something that would cover accidental breakage
and battery replacement, and purchase a cheaper laptop.

Another option would be to try to find a good deal on a lot of used
laptops and set them up to circulate. The plus side to this is the cost
would be less if a patron lost one, or never returns one. The downside
would be expecting the batteries to not hold much of a charge.

--
Ed Liddle <eliddle at marysvillelib.org>
Marysville Public Library