[OPLINTECH] Patron services

kcervelli@perry.lib.oh.us kcervelli at perry.lib.oh.us
Fri May 25 13:43:51 EDT 2007

Jay,
We had a scanner at one time but phased it out after it died a natural death.  It caused more headaches for the staff and patrons than we wanted to deal with.  We have few techie geeks on the staff and most patrons wanting to use the scanner didn't have a clue how to use one.  We do have one for staff use only.
And no, we don't allow downloading of anything on our public computers (photos, videos, documents from e-mails, etc.) - our security program blocks any downloading.  Patrons can save images to cds or memory sticks and use them from there.
Kara Cervelli
Perry Public Library