[OPLINTECH] Open Office

shivelri@oplin.org shivelri at oplin.org
Mon Nov 19 09:07:36 EST 2007

We have a mostly now switched over to OO, however there have been a few
staff and some patrons that just refuse to use OO because they are
familiar with Microsoft Office. One staff member even brought in there
own copy of office to install, however she couldn't open a Microsoft
word doc and called me down to help I opened it with OO and it worked
fine, lol. The menu's in OO are different enough to be confusing to a
new user, however it is no more so than switching to MS Office 2007. In
my opinion if I were looking at changing to MS Office 2007 anyway I'd
just switch to OO, I have used MS Office 2007 and it is like all the
Vista programs graphic heavy and a little confusing to navigate. I have
not however had any experience with how well OO does with MS Office 2007
docs. Hope this was helpful.