[OPLINTECH] Computer Labs

Dan Will willda at oplin.org
Tue Nov 27 13:58:15 EST 2007

Hi All,

   I was recently contacted by the Meigs Soil and Water Conservation
District about using our computer lab.
I had no problem with this and told them so but, they then informed my that
they needed a "Program" that was
web based installed. I then received an e-mail from ODNR-Division of Soil &
Water Conservation. This informed
me that the "program" was 1.65kb and I needed to download it and a
certificate for installation. This was actually
a 37mb program & a certificate. No I had no problem installing this for
their classes. My concern is, the amount
of time I have spent on this. We use SteadyState & the MS Shared Computer
toolkit to secure our computers.
Because of this it takes a fair amount of time to install anything on our 10
lab computers (unless you want to
loose everything during a logoff or reboot).
   So...... my question is this...  Does anyone have any policies regarding
the installation (and time requirements
of the installation) of software for training in your computer labs?

TIA,
Dan Will
Technology Supervisor
Meigs County District Public Library
willda at oplin.org
740.992.5813
740.992.6140 (fax)

The difference between fiction and reality?
Fiction has to make sense.
Tom Clancy