[OPLINTECH] Public Internet Terminals

Josh Proffit jproffit at newarklibrary.info
Thu Oct 18 13:03:19 EDT 2007

Hello everyone,

We’re looking into changing the way we manage our public internet terminals. Right now we currently use Pharos SignUp.  I’m looking for a management software that will only authenticate patrons once they try to access the internet using the Internet Explorer icon. Thus, leaving the computer available to a patron for an unlimited amount of time- without authentication- if they were only using it to create a document or browse our intranet catalog. This would allow us to dedicate every computer as a public terminal and not as “internet only” or “catalog only” terminals. If any of you are using something similar or have any ideas for software, drop me a line! :-) Thanks

Joshua Proffit

Network Administrator

Newark Public Library

101 West Main Street