[OPLINTECH] Can not change read-only folders

shivelri@oplin.org shivelri at oplin.org
Wed Aug 20 10:25:44 EDT 2008

I am having an issue with a staffer's XP Pro computer where every folder
is listed as a read-only folder. The read-only check is not appearing as
a checkmark it is instead a red square in the check box. When I uncheck
the read-only it seems to work but when I re-open the folder and it is
read-only again. I have tried both the "regedit" fix and the command
line "attrib" fixes suggested  by microsoft and other  forums, I have
even tried logging in as the safe mode administrator and it does the
same thing.  I have read about a solution that involves transfering the
files to another computer and taking control of them from there and
doing a reinstall on the original computer. I would rather not do this.
Can anyone else give me any ideas for a solution?

--
Richard Shively
IT/Webmaster