[OPLINTECH] OPLINTECH post re: N Computing

Chip Kruthoffer c.kruthoffer at lanepl.org
Fri Aug 22 12:57:15 EDT 2008

Hi Mindy,

I've looked at it, but not purchased.

If you are planning on using it with Windows, there some thorny licensing
issues, and I think you have to use Windows Server (not XP or Vista). If
anyone is interested, contact me off list and I will forward you an
informative email about licensing from the N Computing sales rep. If you're
not planning on using Windows with it, be sure to check out Edubuntu
(w/LTSP), too. Check out Jim Mann's from Greene Co. PL's YouTube vids for a
start:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdvJIGQCVi0
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdvJIGQCVi0%20>[part 1 of several]

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 12:00 PM, <oplintech-request at oplin.org> wrote:

> Today's Topics:
>   1. N Computing (holmesme at oplin.org)

Chip Kruthoffer, Head of Systems
Lane Public Library ~ http://www.lanepl.org
1396 University Blvd. (Admin. Center)
Hamilton, Ohio 45011
Phone: (513) 785-2706 ~ Fax: (513) 894-6558