[OPLINTECH] Bandwidth issues.

Travis McAfee mcafeetr at oplin.org
Thu Aug 28 11:07:02 EDT 2008

My apologies if I implied standard home cable was a comparable service to
T1s for businesses and government.  I was only trying to discuss the idea
that our expectations may be out of line for a T1 line considering how much
websites believe they can push down to most home connections.

I would personally never use any sort of cable connection for a business
connection.  I just don't trust those companies.  When I was having
disconnected issues at home 2 months ago, I got 4 different explanations and
all of them were made up on the spot.  Being lied to by customer service is
frustrating.  My favorite lie was, "The weather is changing and the cable
lines are expanding/shrinking!"

Travis McAfee

Systems Administrator

Way Public Library

101 E. Indiana Ave.

Perrysburg, OH  43551

Voice:  (419) 874-3135 x103

Fax:     (419) 874-6129

Email:    <mailto:mcafeetr at oplin.org> mcafeetr at oplin.org

Web:  http://www.waylibrary.info <http://www.waylibrary.info/>

"The opinions expressed here do not necessarily reflect the policies and
procedures of Way Public Library."

  _____