[OPLINTECH] Internet Explorer due to be released soon will have compaitbility view

Chad Neeper (list) cneeper at level9networks.com
Fri Dec 19 15:15:44 EST 2008

On the other hand, if IE8 is trying to be more standards compliant,
things may not be quite so bad. I (and several of the libraries I
support) use Mozilla Firefox as a primary browser. Firefox is supposed
to be standards-compliant. I very rarely have problems viewing web sites
and only very infrequently need to switch to the IE browser engine. If
IE8 is standards compliant, browsing with it should be no worse than
with Firefox or other standards-complaint browsers out there. HOWEVER, I
can see a big problem with hardware devices that have web servers built
in (printers, copiers, managed switches, etc.). Many of these devices
require IE; some of the older ones even will require specific versions
of IE. These devices may or may not be updated by the manufacturer. Hmmm....

Two cents.

Chad

Chad Neeper
Senior Systems Engineer

Level 9 Networks

--   Full LAN/WAN consulting services   --
-- Specialized in libraries and schools --