[OPLINTECH] Domain squatters

Don Yarman yarmando at delawarelibrary.org
Wed Feb 6 15:54:08 EST 2008

I'm interested in some community opinions.

My library has registered some domains, but there are squatters
on a couple variants of those domains.  I'm making initial contact
with the owners, hoping that their better natures prevail and they
let me have them.

But what if they don't?  What do you think might be a reasonable
amount to offer to buy the domains?  These extra domains aren't
~vitally~ important to me -- I don't expect to be in a whitehouse_com
situation -- but owning them would improve accessibility.

Thanks for your input.

--
                   Don Yarman, Assistant Director
                   Delaware County District Library