[OPLINTECH] Open Office Software

Mann, James H. JMann at gcpl.lib.oh.us
Thu Jan 24 15:33:09 EST 2008

I tend to use a lot of scripts and will sometimes make a small donation or do a beerware or greeting cardware thing. I'll usually check the developer's wish list....but a WII or 42-inch plasma TV are a bit out of my budget.
Just for the sake of argument, not all Open Source software is free. Ximbra, for example, is pricey. While on the backend you can setup a nice free LAMP server, you may find as you go that the best mail servers or whatnot are open source but not free.

Jim Mann

Technology Coordinator

Greene County Public Library

Xenia Ohio 45385

(937)352-4000 x1210

mailto: jmann at gcpl.lib.oh.us

Humor is always based on a modicum of truth Have you ever heard a joke about a father-in-law? -- Dick Clark