[OPLINTECH] Problems with MySpace

George H. Lenzer glenzer at cpl.org
Fri Jul 11 13:41:53 EDT 2008

CLEVNET consortium has been experiencing it. What we've seen
specifically is that it only appears to affect IE6. However, the MS
updates have not been approved to be applied to these systems yet and
the problem started with no MS updates occurring. So it appears that
it's not MS updates doing this. Current guesses on our part are either
changes at MySpace that are incompatible with IE6 in enterprise
environments, or changes in Flash considering that all MySpace pages
have some kind of Flash on them.

George