[OPLINTECH] Websense/Proxy/Downloading

Tyra Ealy ealyt at wtcpl.org
Fri Jul 18 15:52:52 EDT 2008

Dear Ohio Techies,

Here's something to ponder over the weekend...
We've been having an ongoing problem (many months have passed) that has
just stumped everyone.
We use Websense filtering.  Just got a new server in hopes that a clean
machine & install would solve this problem--but it did not.

Websense is used as a proxy.  With the proxy on, we cannot download
files.  No error messages.
The files "appear" to download, but when you check the size it is never
complete.
This happens on every browser we've tried--IE7, Firefox 3.0 and Safari
3.1.2.
We're all Windows XP.

Turn the proxy off... all is well (except, of course, that we're no
longer filtering)!

Any and all ideas welcome!
Have a great weekend!
Tyra

Tyra L. Ealy
Information Technology Manager
Warren-Trumbull County Public Library
444 Mahoning Ave. NW
Warren, OH 44483
Phone: 330-399-8807, ext. 140
FAX: 330-395-3988
http://www.wtcpl.org <http://www.wtcpl.org/>
Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds
long to play with your hair. ~Kahlil Gibran