[OPLINTECH] FW: Thin client computers

Chad Neeper (list) cneeper at level9networks.com
Tue Jul 22 12:44:44 EDT 2008

Good point! That would certainly give an XPe Thin Client a good deal of
protection.

With ThinStation, you can simply boot from a static ThinStation image
from floppy, CD, USB stick, or PXE. The cleanest and most flexible is to
boot a PXE-enabled computer from a remotely-served ThinStation boot
image. It's a small image so it's served to the workstation and boots
quickly. That way there's no storage device on the hard drive to infect
or damage.

So many options...so little time to decide which one is best for your
situation and to test it! LOL!

Chad

Chad Neeper
Senior Systems Engineer

Level 9 Networks

--   Full LAN/WAN consulting services   --
-- Specialized in libraries and schools --