[OPLINTECH] group policy problems

R Young roger at wcplib.lib.oh.us
Mon Jun 23 11:39:45 EDT 2008

OK, here's the deal:  I have a group policy for our youth patron logons.  I have it configured to redirect the desktop and to use our website as the home page.

The thing is that the redirection works for one of the logons, but not another.  As far as I can tell, they are both identical, since I copied the one that works for the new one.  I know that the group policy settings are being applied, but the desktop is not redirecting.

The other problem I am having is that the "www" seems to be stripped from the home page address when the browser is redirected to the home page in the youth patron logon.  I have set it in group policy as http://www.wcplib.lib.oh.us   and yet when the page comes up on the patron logon, it is http://wcplib.lib.oh.us which then brings up an undesirable page.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for any help.

Roger O. Young
I. T. Coordinator