[OPLINTECH] Finding someone to re-use old equipment

Phil Shirley pshirley at cuyahogafallslibrary.org
Mon Jun 30 15:02:24 EDT 2008

We are cleaning out a room full of old computer equipment that's been
building up for a while.  We know of a couple of places that will come
and pick up our stuff and take it away for free, with a nominal charge
($1 each) for certifying that they destroyed the hard drives.  However,
we'd like to see things reused if possible.  Can anyone give me any
suggestions on fining a good home for the following things (that all
still work):

Pentium II 400 mHz computers (we have maybe 20) w/ keyboards and mice
CRT monitors (15" - 17")
inkjet printers
laserjet printers

I've seen some big organizations that take donations of newer equipment,
but I haven't found any organization that coordinates the collection and
distribution of these old but Linux-capable workstations.

Also, can you suggest any kind of organization that might have some use
for computers or printers that *don't* work?

Phil
--

Phil Shirley
Technology Services Coordinator