[OPLINTECH] Solution for some flash memory drives not working on public computers?

Phil Shirley pshirley at cuyahogafallslibrary.org
Mon May 19 10:03:10 EDT 2008

With the security we have on our public computers, there are some flash
memory drives that won't work.  Some of these want to run their own
software, which doesn't work because we only allow the running of
certain software that's installed on the computer (Word, etc.), and I've
heard that even if we allowed the running of the applications on some of
the popular flash drives by adding them to our "run only" entry, some of
these programs would still have a problem because they want more access
to the registry than we should give them.

Has anyone encountered and solved a similar problem with giving access
to flash memory drives on public computers, or does anyone have any
suggestions - perhaps at least a list of program names for these drives
to add to my "run only" list?

Phil
--

Phil Shirley