[OPLINTECH] public software foundation

mr invader mrinvader at hotmail.com
Thu May 22 19:13:17 EDT 2008

WOW! I think that's BEYOND GREAT!

I was talking to the director of Liberty Center Public Library about doing this a year or two ago.. I think it's only logical to have software libre made available at the flagship institutions of knowledge libre! They could even be duplicated and backed-up in house, if they were circulation items.

...So long as people understand that help only MIGHT be provided at the discretion of the staff...

This cannot be allowed to become a support issue.. Certainly patrons can be redirected by staff or documentation to the standard resources for these products.. forums, manuals (perhaps in your circulation), willing knowledgeable users, etc.

Perhaps a volunteer or staff could teach a seminar (series?) or be compensated a stipend for doing so. If someone covers my gas ( ;) ) I would do it within 30mi of Adrian or Liberty Center.

Yours,Charles T (Tom) Houghtby IVIT Manager, Liberty Center Public Library