[OPLINTECH] when a patron's flash stick is not accepting files

mr invader mrinvader at hotmail.com
Fri May 23 07:08:31 EDT 2008

Yes, formatting periodically is actually a good thing. Patrons should also be shown how to use the stop this device function in the system tray BEFORE removing the drive, as this is a common cause of bombed flash drives.

In My Computer, Right click on the device "Removable Disk (?:)" and choose format, verify that the device listed in the top box is not C: or the like, select fat32 or fat from the middle dropdown, uncheck Quick Format, and hit Format.

It could also be an obscure permissions issue, but if she's been using it all along, that's probably not it.

Yours,

Charles T (Tom) Houghtby IV
IT Manager, Liberty Center Public Library