[OPLINTECH] image scanning on public PCs?

Chad Neeper (list) cneeper at level9networks.com
Thu May 29 18:17:57 EDT 2008

I haven't implemented this yet, but one of my small libraries has a
public color copier that has a scan-to-network-folder feature. Because
they've implemented the copier as a profit center, we're looking at
allowing the patrons to scan documents, edit them on any available lab
computer, and then print them back out to the color copier (which
doubles as the primary BW/color printer for the public). No charge for
scanning, but same charges will apply if the patron chooses to print. It
_sounds_ like a good idea, at least. :-)

Chad

Chad Neeper
Senior Systems Engineer

Level 9 Networks

--   Full LAN/WAN consulting services   --
-- Specialized in libraries and schools --