[OPLINTECH] Public computers: Word's autosave vs. privacy

JKENZIG JKENZIG at cuyahogalibrary.org
Wed Sep 24 14:51:53 EDT 2008

The simple solution would be to set the autosave to go to a temporary
folder.  Then when the session is logged in with cybrarian have it run a
login script to delete contents of that folder.  You can't ever expect
the patron to have a saved document if power goes out or the machine
crashes, but if the office app crashes at least they could restart it
within their current session and recover it.

I suspect you could also have an override account that doesn't have the
logon delete script that if there was a power outage/reboot staff could
log into it first and still retrieve the document from the temp folder
before it got deleted.

Jim