[OPLINTECH] OpenDNS

Dan Will willda at oplin.org
Thu Apr 2 13:54:52 EDT 2009

Hi All,

   In the wake of Conficker, I've been reading about different ways to help
combat such attacks. In one of the articles,

 was mention of OpenDNS. While I've heard of it someplace before, I couldn't
remember the particulars. So I've just

sat through a couple of web demos, and found the information interesting.

My questions are:

.         Is or has anyone used this "service" before?

.          If so, what did you think of it?

.         Did you use it for CIPA compliance or security (or both)?

.         Were you satisfied?

.         Other observations?

Dan Will

Technology Supervisor

Meigs County District Public Library

willda at oplin.org

740.992.5813

740.992.6140 (fax)

The difference between fiction and reality?

Fiction has to make sense.

Tom Clancy