[OPLINTECH] Ashtabula County Obituary Resource

millerst@oplin.org millerst at oplin.org
Fri Apr 3 08:22:06 EDT 2009

Our genealogy staff and I are just putting the finishing touches on an
online obit index.

Please take a look and give me your thoughts... http://www.acdl.info/obits

For those that like details, it's on a MySQL backend under WinServ2003
with ASP data access pages.  I also created a name table and cross-checked
each obit record with it to determine the probable gender of each person.
Also added a routine that determines ages.

This adds flexibility to searching... one can look for a relative when all
you know is "well, he was an older man".

Our next dream project is a virtual cemetary system for our county. :)

Thanks!
Steve

--
Steve Miller