[OPLINTECH] XP end of support plans?

Dan Will willda at oplin.org
Tue Apr 7 16:21:49 EDT 2009

We have not held out for anything. We jumped head first into Vista. Of the
50 odd computers that we have for staff & patrons 11 pcs & 2 laptops are all
that are running XP. The only reason for that is, these boxes are not
capable of running Vista (& they get replaced this year). We have had few
problems. As far as patrons using Vista goes, we use SteadyState 2.5 &
patrons don't seem to even notice or care what they use as long as they can
get to Facebook, Twitter, & MySpace.  I'm am personally running the Windows
7 beta & if Windows 7 RTM is have as good I'll be happy to upgrade them all
to Win 7.

Dan Will
Technology Supervisor
Meigs County District Public Library
willda at oplin.org
740.992.5813
740.992.6140 (fax)

The difference between fiction and reality?
Fiction has to make sense.
Tom Clancy