[OPLINTECH] AWE Early Literacy Station Printer Problem

Ed Liddle eliddle at marysvillelib.org
Wed Apr 8 17:00:05 EDT 2009

We have some AWE Early literacy stations. We have been having a problem
getting the printer to stay installed on them. With 2 of the three, when you
try to print it tells you that you need to install a printer. After installing
the printer, within a couple of minutes it will delete its self. The 3rd one
was doing this and we sent it back to get serviced. After getting it back it
now will see the printer if once logged into the machine you turn the printer
on, or if the printer is already on, turn it off then back on. This seems like
a confusing step for a small child to do if they want to print something from
it.

I was curious if any other libraries were experiencing the same or similar
problem.
Sadly there isn't anything I can do about it but go through the AWE support
motions and send them back for repair and hope they work correctly when we get
them back.

-Ed Liddle