[OPLINTECH] OPLIN Connectivity Survey results

Stephen Hedges hedgesst at oplin.org
Fri Aug 28 12:18:10 EDT 2009

Thanks to everyone for completing the annual OPLIN survey of Internet
connectivity in public libraries. I thought you might like to see some
"library trivia" from our first pass through the data:

There are 11,511 patron computers and 10,460 staff computers in Ohio
public libraries.
164 library systems filter the Internet, 87 do not
187 library systems applied for E-rate, 64 did not
627 of the 728 public library outlets in Ohio provide wireless Internet
access.

Stephen