[OPLINTECH] Lo-Jack for Laptops

Eric Maynard emaynard at holmeslib.org
Fri Dec 18 10:13:56 EST 2009

Jim,

Thanks for sharing your experience at GCPL.

I have to say that I really think your suggestion of using off-lease units
from a vendor like Systime makes very good sense.  I would definitely
encourage others to consider this.

The only downside (for us at Holmes) is that we are really strapped for
space both on the staff  side in terms of storage and on the patron side in
terms of using these  in-house, so we are looking at 10" netbook class
computers as a possible solution to the bulk of your average 14-15"+ laptop
that is used by businesses.

Thanks again.

Eric Maynard
Head of Information Technology,
Holmes County District Public Library
Millersburg, OH  44654
Email [emaynard at holmeslib.org]
Phone [330.674.5972 x.224]
Fax   [330.674.1938]

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"