[OPLINTECH] Mice needed and a free gift

Mann, James H. JMann at gcpl.lib.oh.us
Tue Dec 29 08:33:47 EST 2009

Happy Holidays and a wonderful New Year to you all!
If you're still in the holiday spirit you might consider a donation of PS/2 mice to the Goodwill Easter Seals Assistive Technology Project. The project provides recycled computer equipment to people with disabilities. This year we have been lucky to have an abundance of computers and monitors but for some reason we're not getting donations of mice. The majority of our recycled computers use PS/2 mice and we have volunteers who will clean them and make sure they are working.
If you have any old mice laying around and would like to donate them you can send them to my attention via Cargo.
Here's a link to the TRC website:
http://www.trcd.org/

Here's a free holiday gift that you might consider as an alternative for a children's computer. The Zac browser was designed for children with Autism but offers a wide range of early literacy programs and a management console to configure the programs. Couple it with something like Public Web Browser and you've got a pretty slick children's computer.
Enjoy:
http://www.zacbrowser.com/

Jim Mann
Technology Coordinator
Greene County Public Library
76 E. Market St.
Xenia Ohio 45385
(937)352-4000 x1210
mailto: jmann at gcpl.lib.oh.us<mailto:jmann at gcpl.lib.oh.us>
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti.