[OPLINTECH] Managing Firefox in a MS Active directory environment

Jim Lack J.Lack at rrpl.org
Mon Feb 2 18:54:55 EST 2009

I'm trying to roll out some computers using Windows XP, Microsoft Steady
State and Pharos Print and Mgmt software on them.  Does anyone know how
to control Firefox in an Active directory environment?  I can control IE
using group policy settings but I don't know how to do the same for
Firefox.  I'm running into issues regarding Firefox always needing Adobe
Flash updates.  I can log in as admin and load the updates but when a
mandatory roaming profile logs in, it prompts the user to load the
update. Since it doesn't have the permission to do so, it can't.  How
can I mange Firefox?!

Jim Lack

Rocky River Public Library