[OPLINTECH] Monitor mount for computer signup & print release stations

Phil Shirley pshirley at cuyahogafallslibrary.org
Wed Feb 4 08:50:00 EST 2009

Can anyone recommend a sturdy, fixed mount for a 17" flat-panel monitor?
  I want something that will bolt (or somehow fasten) to the desk and
can be tightened so that they can be moved little if at all.  This will
be used for a print-release and computer sign-up station.  I have
barcode scanners that I want to mount behind the monitor (probably with
velcro), like Eric Maynard did as pictured here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28135971@N02/2624765882/

Putting the scanner in back like that is the reason I want a special
mount, something to raise the monitor high enough to make the scanner
usable.

I see some mounts at http://www.ergoindemand.com/ that look good, but I
thought I'd ask if anyone had any recommendations or advice.  Thanks.

Phil
--

Phil Shirley
Technology Services Coordinator