[OPLINTECH] Public Wireless Access to SMTP Port 25

Ed Liddle eliddle at marysvillelib.org
Tue Feb 17 14:32:44 EST 2009

Our ISP blocks port 25. Just out of curiosity was the spam sending a
result of a virus or malware on the patrons laptop? I have had that
happen in the past to a staff machine. It got infected and was sending
out gobs of spam even with port 25 blocked. It was sending it out on
different port numbers with a destination port number of 25 to different
e-mail servers.

-Ed Liddle

--
-Ed Liddle