[OPLINTECH] Locking Down Vista

Doug turnerdo at oplin.org
Tue Feb 17 16:04:38 EST 2009

Hello,

Our library is thinking about putting Vista on a Public computer for our
patrons to explore and learn about.  Is there any way to lock down the
computer so that the patrons can't mess up the computer, but they can
explore all of the features that Vista has to offer?  I was thinking of
something like Deep Freeze, but we just can't afford it.  Is there another
program out there that does the same thing, but doesn't have the expensive
price tag with it?  We are currently using SteadyState on our XP computers.

Thanks,

Doug Turner

Mary L. Cook Public Library