[OPLINTECH] Windows Server 2003 problem

Ed Liddle eliddle at marysvillelib.org
Thu Feb 19 15:16:08 EST 2009

Make sure none of the pins inside the usb port are shorting out with or
without something plugged into them. A visual inspection looking for
bent pins, possibly a broken plastic piece in the usb port if someone
plugged one in the wrong way, etc.
One thing you may be able to do to help rule out a hardware problem with
the usb ports is try to boot from a linux live cd like the ubuntu
desktop cd, knoppix, etc. and see if your usb devices work with it. If
they cause a problem when they are plugged in, it may be a hardware
related.

Good luck!

-Ed Liddle