[OPLINTECH] Internet Service Providers

Bob Neeper neeperro at oplin.org
Thu Jan 22 08:01:01 EST 2009

I'm not certain what you really want to troubleshoot but.if you asking
about remote connection.from outside the building.

Level 9 Network has us set so they (me too) can 'dial' in direct to our
main VMWare host PC.
They can then work on any of the 7 virtual PC's running on it.
They could also connect to most of the other PC's in the library if they
really wanted to.

I can set in front of the main console, talk to Level 9 and watch them
work ('help' even).

It's all done with free s/w and is quite secure on our T1 line from OPLIN.

If you just want to 'see' and control from inside Level 9 has us set for
that also.
Uses the same free s/w, just less.
I can touch & feel almost any of our library pc's from the main console.

Putty, TightVNC etc is some of the s/w used.

BTW Our telephone system provider can connect to their box also through
the T1.

Bob

R. W. (Bob) Neeper     Cell: (740)-407-3572
Community Library
44 Burrer Dr.
Sunbury, Oh 43074
Tel:  (740)-965-3901