[OPLINTECH] Excellent first time user training for Office 2007

Phil Shirley pshirley at cuyahogafallslibrary.org
Mon Jan 26 09:52:02 EST 2009

Jim,

Thanks for posting that.  We're switching to Office 2007 for the public
and some staff so last week I found a few web tutorials on it for our
staff to learn the new version; my list is below in case anyone's
interested.  My favorite is "Up to Speed with Word 2007."

Phil

Very short into, with links to "see more demos."  All 8 of these are
less than maybe 30 seconds, and seem to be sales-like promotional
things, but they still might be a good place to start.
http://tinyurl.com/cxr2c3

Up to Speed with Word 2007
This is a good one to help you get to know how the new Word works.  They
say it takes 30-40 minutes.
http://tinyurl.com/abp94t

Up to Speed with the Office 2007 System
20-30 minutes
http://tinyurl.com/azvbzx

Other Word 2007 Training Courses

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/HA102155661033.aspx

Other Self-Paced Training Programs for Office Programs
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/default.aspx

Word 2007 Tutorial
Just text and screen shots (no audio or video) - looks like a good intro.
http://www.fgcu.edu/support/office2007/Word/index.asp

Search YouTube for "microsoft word 2007 tutorial" or other phrases.
http://www.youtube.com/
This one seems like a good intro:
http://tinyurl.com/da82qt

JKENZIG wrote:
> I came across the below link in the Microsoft Newsgroups.  It is a step
> by step training for Office 2007 apps for the first time user.  It is an
> excellent resource for both your staff and patrons.
>
> _http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/FX102704851033.aspx?ofcresset=1_
>
> *******Jim Kenzig*
> Network Manager
> Cuyahoga County Public Library
>
> ///////Administrative Offices/
>
> 2111 Snow Road / Parma, OH 44134-2728
>
> ///////p/ 216.749.9389 //////// f/ 216.749.9445
>
> _____www.cuyahogalibrary.org_ <file://www.cuyahogalibrary.org>
>

> --
> believed to be clean.

Phil Shirley
Technology Services Coordinator
Cuyahoga Falls Library
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
330-928-2117, ext. 109
pshirley at CuyahogaFallsLibrary dot org

believed to be clean.