[OPLINTECH] Moving to less-locked-down public computers with Deep Freeze

Bill Hardison bhardison at norweld.org
Tue Jan 27 11:23:47 EST 2009

Hello "John"

I run Deep Freeze Enterprise here at our regional office and help a number
of libraries implement it as well.  I'm not sure what CASSIE does that DF
does not.  But, you can configure DF to reboot after a customizable amount
of idol time.  It will even notify the patron before rebooting if they are
"using" the PC but have not been seen as active for the prescribed time.

And, DITTO to all the other features of DF that Mohamed mentioned earlier.
The enterprise version of DF is the only way to go in my book.

Bill

Bill Hardison
Computer Services Coordinator
Northwest Regional Library System (NORWELD)