[OPLINTECH] Moving to less-locked-down public computers with DeepFreeze

shivelri@oplin.org shivelri at oplin.org
Thu Jan 29 14:21:26 EST 2009

I'd have to agree with those asking why reboot? We are using MS
SteadyState, when the between patron log offs remove all changes to the
account and rewrite the saved state over the temporary one. A reboot is
unnecessary, I would assume a similar program, such as deep freeze,
which you pay for would have the same feature. Rebooting would only be
for as someone else stated earlier when the system itself has an issue.

On the subject though, is anyone else out there using MS SteadyState
that is offered free from MS?

--
Richard Shively
IT/Webmaster