[OPLINTECH] Desktop/Software Virtualzation

JKENZIG JKENZIG at cuyahogalibrary.org
Wed Jun 17 14:35:38 EDT 2009

Be aware that with VDI you need to purchase an additional license from Microsoft called a VECD license (on top of the windows license and the vendors software cost) for each virtual workstation you want to run.  Also VDI will require server hardware for about every 20 to 40 workstations you want to run. Provisioning you should only need a few servers depending on your band width and number of branches. But you can get hundreds of sessions off of one server.

Jim Kenzig
Network Manager
Cuyahoga County Public Library

Administrative Offices