[OPLINTECH] Ideas for server room & technology work area (esp. server room size)?

Bob Neeper neeperro at oplin.org
Wed May 13 10:10:25 EDT 2009

Having worked in an 8 x10 windowless combo server / work room for years
my thoughts include the following for a possible library expansion.
Different situation and use but may give you some ideas.
Bob

Increase room size from 8' x 10' to 16' x 20
Anti-static floor covering (tile to limit combustible material)
Lockable door. Room alarm system with Security camera to monitor room
Non water fire system
Outside window with secured access
Separate A/C and heating controls. Also baseboard heaters
Beefed up UPS System
Preferred: one UPS system for entire library with separate power outlets.
Power outlets to be surge protected.
Surge protection on main power system.
Multiple wall AC outlets (above table top) on multiple breakers
Separate breaker box for room
(3) Wheeled rack storage for monitors, parts etc
Fireproof security vault for media storage

Decent size workbench with multiple AC power strips. Setup with static
protection
anti-static chair or stool
Movable / adjustable arm light / magnifier
Center area work table with power drop
2 Anti-static chairs or stools

Wheeled desk (suitable for laptop or pc) with Anti-static chair
Server rack
Multi-meter, Tool kit, nut drivers, screw drivers, wire strippers, tie
wrap fastener, side cutters

R. W. (Bob) Neeper     Cell: (740)-407-3572
Community Library
44 Burrer Dr.
Sunbury, Oh 43074
Tel:  (740)-965-3901