[OPLINTECH] Free HP LaserJet 4100N

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Tue Nov 17 16:17:17 EST 2009

Anyone in the central OH area need an HP LaserJet 4100N printer? I
replaced it with a color laser about two years ago and it has been
unplugged ever since. I did just fire it up and it printed a
configuration & supplies status sheet:  still prints; toner level is
apparently at 88%. I do seem to recall that the network interface card
is non-functional, though. You'd need to replace the card or use an
external print server if you plan to network it. (...Although I might be
able to source an untested replacement card on Friday...you'd have the
honor of testing it!)

No manuals or CDs, but who needs 'em?
Dust comes with, as does maybe nine or ten power cords. (Why DO they
multiple so rapidly?)

Feel free to reply off-list.

--

Chad Neeper

Level 9 Networks

--   Full LAN/WAN consulting services   --
-- Specialized in libraries and schools --