[OPLINTECH] Business Directory

Matt Weaver Matt.Weaver at westlakelibrary.org
Wed Nov 25 08:43:53 EST 2009

Hi Doug:

I would look at the Drupal content management system, which is free. It has a database at its back end and it is designed to put stuff up on the Web. I have exported Access tables as XML and imported them into Drupal.

In Drupal, you would create a content type for your data with customized fields. This is done surprisingly easily, if you have had no Drupal experience. The modules that enable this are quite versatile.

Setting up Drupal would require server space.

For more info on drupal: http://drupal.org

If you're interested in this route, keep in touch. I'd be happy to help.

Matt Weaver

Web Librarian
Technical Services
Westlake Porter Public Library