[OPLINTECH] Number of public compuers per print release station

Phil Shirley pshirley at cuyahogafallslibrary.org
Fri Oct 2 11:30:53 EDT 2009

If you have print management software, how many public computers do you
have for each public print release station?

On our main floor we have one print release station for:

24 computers with Internet and Office
7 computers for just the catalog & research databases (little printing)

These print to an old computer that manages print jobs for two network
printers, a black HP 4200N (64 mb memory) and a color HP 4650 (160 mb
memory). The printers and computer have 100 mb/s network cards. Last
month patrons printed about 9,000 pages on the black printer and 500
pages on the color. (We also have  print release station in another part
of the building with just a black printer for a 10 Internet/Office
computers, which printed about 1,800 pages last month.)

We're going to add about 9 Internet/Office computers (going from 24
computers to 33), and going to enable printing from patrons' laptops (we
don't have that yet), and we're wondering if we should plan for an
additional print release station, or should upgrade our equipment.
Thanks for any help you can give us.

Phil
--

Phil Shirley